Dr. Jie Ma
Office Tel: +44 (0)1633 432677
University of Wales, City Campus, Usk Way, Newport, NP20 2BP, UK
- Machine Learning
- Multi-agent Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Biped Locomotion
My research involves machine learning algorithms for teams of agents in dynamic environments. Applications include strategy learning, cooperative planning, autonomous decision-making and opponent modelling. The learning algorithms have been demonstrated in NAO and Kondo robots in the real world as well as RoboCup simulations.
- DPhil in Computer Science, University of Oxford. Supervisor: Dr. Stephen Cameron. 2006-2011.
- BEng in Computer Science and Technology, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China, First prize awarded dissertation. 2001–2005.
- Tutor, Intelligent Systems, Washington International Studies Council, Oxford. 2009.
- College Tutor, Intelligent Systems, St Hugh’s College, Oxford. 2009.
- Teaching Assistant, Computing Laboratory, Oxford. 2007-2011.
- 1. Machine Learning
- 2. Intelligent Systems
- 3. Object-Oriented Programming
- 4. Computer Graphics
- College Invigilator, Keble College, University of Oxford. 2007-2010.
- Undergraduate Admission, University of Oxford. 2006-2010.
- Tutor, Design and Programming of RoboCup, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China. 2004-2006.